Lung Ultrasound Course
1st March 2019
Madingley Hall Cambridge, CB23 8AG
Aim of course
• To gain theoretical and practical skills in Lung ultrasound and ultrasound guided intervention in Critical Care setting
• Being able to identify and differentiate main normal thoracic anatomy from common diseases
Day to include
Presentations plus hands-on sessions:
• How to scan and get basic views
• How to differentiate consolidation and atelectasis
• How to recognise and differentiate a pleural effusion
• Case base discussion
• Identify the basic 2D sonography of Lung US as A-Lines, B- Lines, Lung Sliding, Lung Point & Lung Pulse.
• Hands-on work stations with volunteers and real patients
Who should attend?
• Trainees and Consultants in Intensive Care, Anaesthesia, Acute or Emergency Medicine
Faculty led by
• Dr Antonio Rubino, Consultant in Cardiothoracic Anaesthesia
• Stefanie Curry, Critical Care Scientist
£250.00 – places are limited so early booking is essential.
£125.00 - Limited number of Royal Papworth trainee places.
We are seeking approval from CUSIC and the Royal College of Anaesthetists
Madingley Hall Cambridge